Both you and your daddy had one heck of a week! You had a stomach bug (although I think it was a food reaction…more on that another time) and your daddy had the flu. On my drive into work, I called both your doctor and your daddy’s doctor to make appointments for each of you. Each time, the receptionist would put me on hold and then a few minutes later would come back just to let me know she’d call me back in a few minutes. This went on and on with both offices. Finally, your daddy’s doctor called me back and we had quite an interesting convo:
- Receptionist: When would you like to make the appointment for?
- Me: Today, please.
- Receptionist: We are full today, but could do first thing tomorrow morning. Unless it’s urgent and then we could do a standby appointment.
- Me: I prefer standby – it’s urgent.
- Receptionist: Okay. Why is it urgent – does he have a fever?
- Me: No. But he projectile vomitted last night.
- Receptionist: Oh dear! Has he kept anything down since then?
- Me: I fed him in the middle of the night and then I fed him 4 ounces in the morning and he’s kept all that down.
- Receptionist: What are you feeding him? And only 4 ounces?
- Me: Is that concerning – do you think it should be more or less than 4 ounces?
- Receptionist: I’m more concerned that he’s not eating unless you feed him!
- Me: Wait. Which doctor’s office am I talking to?
You can file this under, “Oh, that silly mommy!”