I had the BEST time at my shower! Thank you so much to Mariam, Sam, Helene, Linda and Carol for giving Mike, Babram and I this beautiful shower. Thank you, thank you, thank you. Honestly, just can’t say that enough. The decorations, food, gifts, games, pinata, cake, favors – AMAZING. I loved that so many of my loved ones were there. It’s been a bit more than a year (the wedding) since I saw some people and it was really nice to catch up with a hug and belly rub – mine, not theirs, haha. For all my friends who couldn’t make it, I loved coming home to the voicemails and text messages from you – thank you for thinking of me! Here’s a sampling of the many things that made me smile throughout the day:
- M&M’s in Dodger Blue read “Karen’s Shower,” “It’s a Boy,” “June 2, 2012,” “Babram”
- Pinata – SO much fun. The pics speak for themselves
- Belly rubs – Babram was pretty shy and wasn’t kicking too much but a few were able to get in on the action
- Diapers – Boy are you set! Feel free to poop to your heart’s content. You’re covered. Literally.
- Cake – Yes, that’s real. And it was really delicious!
- Food – In a word, YUM. Pesto makes me smile. That’s all there is to it.
- Games – Watching everyone try and figure out what was in the paper bags was fun. I did fairly well, but if it was in a bottle I got it wrong.
- Gift opening – It was easy to tell which gift came from who – If I was opening theirs, they had the biggest smile in the room – it was so nice!
- Little shoes, cute outfits, sheets, toys, toiletries, gadgets, strollers, car seats – you are going to be one fashionable, comfortable, clean, smart and most of all loved kid!
I’m still gathering pics from friends, but here are a few: